Company: Kaplan International
Job description: The Company
is one of the world’s most dynamic private education providers with revenues exceeding US$2.6 billion. One of Kaplan’s most recent international initiatives involves the development of a network of International Colleges across the UK and USA in partnership with some of the world leading universities. Kaplan International aims to deliver world-leading accelerated pathway programmes designed specifically to meet the needs of international students. The colleges are operated in partnership with UK, US and Australian universities, located on or close to the campus of the partner university. Our programmes are designed to prepare international students for entry to undergraduate and postgraduate programmes offered by the partner university, in addition to providing direct entry routes at some partner universities.
We are now recruiting an International Student Advisor & Inqiry Coordinator to join our Student Recruitment team in London Bridge. You will contribute to Kaplan’s success by providing industry-leading customer service through strong communication (oral and written) to prospective students as well as their parents, guardians or sponsors on study options at our pathway colleges in both the UK and USA and by helping students move from the initial stages of their application journey to enrolment. The successful candidate will have excellent customer service skills and will relish the opportunity to represent and cultivate a high-value, premium brand product.
Main responsibilities and functions
International Student Advisor
- Counselling students who hold a Kaplan offer of study, advising them on course and accommodation options and handling their concerns or objections
- Using sales techniques, influencing applicants to accept their offer
- Meeting conversion and enrolment targets
- Applying your awareness and understanding of the specific markets allocated to you and working closely with the relevant regional teams to meet team goals
- Documenting all calls and communication with students in Salesforce CRM
- Working with the team’s visa advisor to ensure successful enrolment of all students who pay a deposit and confirm their place on Kaplan’s programs
- Working on conversion for other markets from time to time as assigned by your line manager
- Deliver a consistent, effective and customer focused service to all enquirers and applicants, and make sure that all key information is provided at appropriate points
- Accurately record pertinent information within student management systems
- Build strong college and product knowledge in order to answer a full range of enquiries
- Respond to incoming telephone enquiries from students, agents, sponsors and parents efficiently and effectively
- Live Chat agent through Kaplan website, providing first hand support to potential students and agents seeking support and guidance
- Support global Sales and Admissions teams to effectively manage enquiries within agreed timeframes
- Monitor and answer enquiries through shared mailboxes across colleges and teams
- Out of office email and telephone support to provide cover for staff who are offsite/on holiday
- Identify and report any potential issues that may have a negative impact on customer experience
- Liaise with team members and meet team objectives including service level agreements, outstanding customer service and high levels of accuracy
- Be a proactive member of the Marketing and Recruitment Department participating in all areas and carrying out duties as required
- Carry out ad hoc projects to support and enhance student and agent engagement
To be successful in the role you’ll have the following
- Arabaic Speaker
- A university degree, ideally from a country other than your native country
- Demonstrable track record in a sales or customer service role and experience working towards team and individual targets
- Enthusiasm for outbound sales and cold-calling, putting your influencing skills to good use
- Excellent oral and written communication skills through telephone, email, WhatsApp, skype and other platforms.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to learn multiple products quickly
- Exceptional customer service skills and a willingness to go the extra mile for students and their parents, sponsors and guardians
- An ability to prioritise effectively and manage time under pressure, keeping a cool head
- A high level of administration and organisational skills
- Patience and proven problem-solving skills
- A high level of enthusiasm and personal commitment
- The ability to work independently and to deadline
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Willingness to work flexible hours where required (including some weekends during critical periods)
Also, desirable would be
- Experience using Salesforce CRM as a sales tool
- Study abroad experience/ International student graduate
- Awareness of Tier 4 student visa requirements
Application method and closing date
Please apply with a CV and covering letter highlighting why you believe you are suitable for this role, via our online application form. Please note: applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Closing date: 17th September 2021
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If you would like to be considered for an interview under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, please complete this or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
About Kaplan International Pathways
, a division of Kaplan Inc., offers international students a wide range of flexible study options – from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA and Japan through to full degree programmes in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in student recruitment, our exceptional teaching and a real focus on customer service and pastoral care, each year we are proud to welcome thousands of students from more than 100 countries through the doors of our colleges.
In the UK, we operate 9 campus-based colleges in partnership with Bournemouth University, University of Glasgow, University of Liverpool, Nottingham Trent University, University of Nottingham, University of Brighton, University of Essex, University of York and University of West of England, Bristol and an off-campus college in London offering pathways to 7 leading well-ranked UK universities.
Expected salary: £23000 – 26000 per year
Job date: Fri, 03 Sep 2021 04:08:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!