Company: Kimball International
Job description: Requisition Number
Kimball Hospitality is more than just hotels, it’s about bringing approachable, authentic, comfortable and inviting furnishings into the spaces in which we visit and live.
Customer-centric relationships, rich experience and forward-thinking ideals, is what we embrace for those who want to further their careers in an industry that is ever-changing and adapting as we navigate through life. When you become part of our team, you become part of a family focused on providing the best experience for those who specify our products to those who get to experience our products.
Creating a work environment that is collaborative, adaptable, safe and inviting is something we take pride in for all our employees. It’s about providing an experience that doesn’t make a job feel like work.
Start your last new career with Kimball Hospitality.
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for receiving, labeling, and storing incoming shipments, assessing stock for damages, and accurately filling customer orders.
- Receiving, processing, labeling, and storing incoming stock.
- Maintaining clear records on all inventory and stock.
- Inspecting all stock for damages and promptly reporting as required
- Organizing the warehouse space.
- Preparing orders for shipment.
- Operating stock management tools and software; stock picker, forklift, pallet jack and electronic scanners. As well as other tools such as cutting knives, scissors, tape dispensers, etc.
- Participate and accurately assist in cycle counts and full warehouse inventory audits.
Skills to Perform This Role:
- Ability to operate forklift, hand truck, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
- Knowledgeable with a desktop computer, and office suite preferred (Outlook, Excel).
- Familiar with packaging and materials, cardboard, pallet, crates. Fabrication knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with inventory software.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- A forklift driver’s certification.
- Ability to lift or move heavy products.
- The ability to be a team player: effectively work with the team and for the team, as well as be able to interact with staff from other departments.
- Ability to communicate efficiently with other team members and supervisor/manager.
- High school diploma.
- Proven warehouse experience.
Kimball International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
Kimball International, Inc. will not sponsor applicants for this position for employment/work visa status (e.g.. H-1B)
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Job date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 03:13:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!